Dear investors, mentors, and co-creators,
We are very grateful to have all of you as part of our journey to the moon. That is where the Serendipia Life is going. We are starting to send out weekly updates to keep you in the loop of our updates, KPIs, share our roadblocks to destroy them faster, and our asks.
- We started Techstars BSH Future Homes accelerator in Munich this week with Drew and Qasim. Our goals for this program is to finalize our blue print to scale, and expand our brand globally to build the smartest coliving space in the world, which will be first launched in Munich over the course of the next three months.
- We raised $120,000 in seed from Techstars and BSH at a $3million valuation, caped at $5MM.
- We hired two new community managers in San Francisco (Christine and Sam), and they have earned all 5 stars reviews so far.
- The prototype for our web app is being beta tested.
- We earned again the Super Host status on Airbnb for 9 months in a row. Making us the top host of North Beach in San Francisco in terms of volume and quality.
- Our goal is to reach $1mm in ARR by the end of 2020 and open another 100 beds.
- We closed 2019 with $250,000 in revenue, which is $80,000 more than in 2018.
- January is closing with $24,000 in revenue and 92% of occupancy rate.
- February is projected at $25,000 in revenue and 92% of occupancy rate as well.
- 2020 only saw three 5 out of 5 stars review and two 4 out of 5 stars review so far.
- The time it takes to develop the technology. The web app is launching and we started to develop the mobile but we hope to get it done within the month of February to start integrating with smart home appliances ASAP.
- As we are design thinking our product to build the smart coliving on the planet we are taking interviews from coliving operators worldwide and we are looking for more people who are running coliving spaces to interview to make sure our product is human centered. If you know anyone in this business we would love to get in touch with the and interview them.
Again, thank you so much in being part of our journey. Without you, we would never be where we are today and we look forward to keep building a unicorn together.